YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 28]

76 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:44 pm

OK, I think the brick wall is confusing to a lot of people. I can see it as a metaphor, but comics are more literal, so here's how I read it;

When you die, the dreamspace made for you ceases to exist. The physical manifestation of it (the door in the hallway) is now opening onto... nothing, hence the brick wall. I think that the door then can be removed, or a dreamspace for a new dreamer goes behind it at some point - after all, you'd eventually wind up with infinitely many doors that went nowhere if they weren't removed or recycled.

Lia bricked up her own door, and when her body died, the dreamspace behind it disappeared. She trapped herself, but that's uncommon. Sadako was able to go to Nod in her dying moments, and I think that's rare. I'm sure there are others who die in their sleep, while dreaming, and perhaps some of them wind up staying in Nod, if they know they're dead. Others would probably get pullled back to their "waking" lives at the moment of death. Either way, the room is gone.

And the rooms? They're just containers for the individual's swirly portal into Nod. Enclosing them insures that they don't interact with each other, avoiding things like,

"Man, I had the weirdest dream last night, and you were in it"

"Oh yeah? Me too, and you were in mine. I dreamed you punched me."

"Hey, that's what I dreamed, too!"

[fight ensues in real life]

And giving Sadako enough control to run Dreams Inc. for fun and profit.

It's an interesting and rather disturbing idea, but it works.

View user profile

77 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Megabyte wrote:
Megan, then she's dead, forever stuck in the dreamworld and being prone to be harassed by Sadako (all Sadako would need to do is to break the wall)... is that right?

A door can be bricked up from either side. In this case, Ellie did kill herself, but is not trapped in the Dream World. The door of any dead person would appear to be bricked up.

carl-E wrote:
When you die, the dreamspace made for you ceases to exist. The physical manifestation of it (the door in the hallway) is now opening onto... nothing, hence the brick wall. I think that the door then can be removed, or a dreamspace for a new dreamer goes behind it at some point - after all, you'd eventually wind up with infinitely many doors that went nowhere if they weren't removed or recycled.

Actually, Nod is big enough to have an area that is nothing but bricked up doors of dead people. I'm thinking about writing a short story about it.

View user profile http://rosalarian.com

78 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:57 pm

carl-E wrote:OK, I think the brick wall is confusing to a lot of people. I can see it as a metaphor, but comics are more literal, so here's how I read it;

Lia bricked up her own door, and when her body died, the dreamspace behind it disappeared. She trapped herself, but that's uncommon. Sadako was able to go to Nod in her dying moments, and I think that's rare. I'm sure there are others who die in their sleep, while dreaming, and perhaps some of them wind up staying in Nod, if they know they're dead. Others would probably get pullled back to their "waking" lives at the moment of death. Either way, the room is gone.

And the rooms? They're just containers for the individual's swirly portal into Nod. Enclosing them insures that they don't interact with each other, avoiding things like,

"Man, I had the weirdest dream last night, and you were in it"

"Oh yeah? Me too, and you were in mine. I dreamed you punched me."

"Hey, that's what I dreamed, too!"

[fight ensues in real life]

And giving Sadako enough control to run Dreams Inc. for fun and profit.

It's an interesting and rather disturbing idea, but it works.

This all makes a lot of sense, but, it's got me wondering: Exactly what part of Real World You is in dream world? Is it all of you? Your soul? Maybe just a projection of you, controlled and seen by your thoughts? A physical copy of you sent to nod, then destroyed when you wake up? I don't know. What ARE People on Nod?

Meow.

View user profile

79 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:02 pm

Megan Rose wrote:Actually, Nod is big enough to have an area that is nothing but bricked up doors of dead people. I'm thinking about writing a short story about it.

Please write that! *big eyes* I would love you forever.

...Not that that is persuasive. I would send you porridge and baked goods! *plead*

View user profile

80 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:42 pm

smallandmighty wrote:
Megan Rose wrote:Actually, Nod is big enough to have an area that is nothing but bricked up doors of dead people. I'm thinking about writing a short story about it.

...Not that that is persuasive. I would send you porridge and baked goods! *plead*
It's like a Nod Graveyard. That could get quite interesting owo

Especially since Fi has the problem of she's not dead yet, but she's running out of time - maybe metaphorically it will show as up as her door being slowly bricked up.

View user profile

81 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:58 pm

Megan Rose wrote:
Megabyte wrote:
Megan, then she's dead, forever stuck in the dreamworld and being prone to be harassed by Sadako (all Sadako would need to do is to break the wall)... is that right?

A door can be bricked up from either side. In this case, Ellie did kill herself, but is not trapped in the Dream World. The door of any dead person would appear to be bricked up.

Oh, that makes sense now.

View user profile

82 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:06 am

Argh, Sadako is so stupid. She keeps making the same mistake over and over. She used underhanded methods to get Ellie and then she went and used underhanded tactics with Lia.

View user profile

83 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:26 am

This comic today is very well-drawn, but boy, does Clandy look creepy here!

View user profile

84 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:20 am

huh, I had a thought. If/when Clandy reunites with Sadako, will she return to pretty, sane, Himitsu, or will she stay as her zany-Clandy self? Maybe she'll be some kind of hybrid with blue hair! Smile

All this discussion on the bricked up rooms is making me think of the books Don is reading when he's in charge of the narrative. Those books with characters names on the covers (and assumedly holding the life stories of those characters within). What are those books? Where can they be found? And why does Don have access to them? (unless they're accessible to anyone, but I feel as though they wouldn't be.)

View user profile

85 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 am

wrdonerd wrote:huh, I had a thought. If/when Clandy reunites with Sadako, will she return to pretty, sane, Himitsu, or will she stay as her zany-Clandy self? Maybe she'll be some kind of hybrid with blue hair! Smile

All this discussion on the bricked up rooms is making me think of the books Don is reading when he's in charge of the narrative. Those books with characters names on the covers (and assumedly holding the life stories of those characters within). What are those books? Where can they be found? And why does Don have access to them? (unless they're accessible to anyone, but I feel as though they wouldn't be.)
Because he is Don and awesome like that. XDDD

I gotta say I ADORE the Clandy/Himitsu page. She's beautiful either way and this really shows it.

EDIT: I also adore the second to last panel of Sadako. She's really beautiful and if she weren't fricken insane and trying to manipulate people, I think it'd be no trouble for all of Nod to love her. I'd still hope for a threesome if Lia and Fi ever found a way to get rid of the crazy (which I doubt but still). Sadako makes such a gorgeous queen of nod <3

EDIT2: Because I happen to be up anyway - amusing thing just happened: I was on one of my other nightly updated comics, checking it and saw a link to a comic I was curious about I clicked it and guess what ad keeps popping up? XD Yu+Me is haunting me! IT gets me out of bed to check comics, and then sends me from comic trails right back where I belong, here.

View user profile

86 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:30 am

I spy a blue woman with flame hair.

As for Don having the books, I suspect we might find out when he's not in half-shadow that hides one of his eyes...

View user profile

87 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:04 am

Really enjoying the story so far.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens when Clandi/Himitsu finally meets up with Sadako again.

I wonder - Will Lia become the new Queen of Nod. Yes, I know there's only one way to do that, but it may be what Megan has in mind.

View user profile http://kugaiavows.multiply.com/

88 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:13 am

AND THERE WE HAVE IT FOLKS

HIMITSU IS CLANDY

GORGEOUS CONSCIENCE GIRL IS CRAZY CLANDY LADY

poor, poor sweetheart.

(sorry i haven't even been following this thread, I just got excited that the comic finally COMPLETELY confirmed what a lot of us thought/knew. i'll catch up with the thread in the morning or something.)

View user profile

89 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:02 am

The clandy double panel is making me cry, dammit.

We had a neighbor, she never wed, caring for her disabled mother well into her 50s. Her mother passed away, and she was in her 80s when we moved in, still working around her house, involved with the neighborhood, went to our church, still drove herself around town... we had her over for holidays, since she had no family.

Then she started missing appointments, lunch dates with her small circle of friends, not coming to church. We'd check on her, and she waved everything off, she'd been feeling ill or tired, but she seemed OK.

Until a few weeks later, she showed up on our doorstep in her robe, looking for her mother. She'd called the police, too, reporting her as missing. She looked like hell, we took her to the emergency room. She'd not been eating for a while, and social services got called in.

She had enough of a retirement fund to get her into a nice home, and we visited for a few years. Until she didn't recognize us anymore. When she had lucid moments, she'd ask about her house and car (both sold through auction, but it upset her when we told her, so after a while we lied). We did manage to save her high school yearbook and her scrapbook from the auction, hoping they'd help her memory, and though she was happy to see them, they couldn't help her anymore.

Sorry for the long post, I reeally didn't expect that seeing Clandy slip into madness would bring all this back.

But it did.

It's a really beautiful panel, by the way. Wouldn't make a good desktop, it's too busy, but I think it'd be a great print.

View user profile

90 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:03 am

Just popping in to echo what everyone else is saying about the Himitsu/Clandy spread page. It is absolutely gorgeous.

View user profile

91 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:07 am

I think its more a chance that Fiona will be the ruler of Nod..Or maybe she goes back to her own world. Hmmm.
Clandy is so cute when she is crazy omigosh! I hope she'll stay like that or maybe be hyrbid or something. If Sadako die in the end, what will happen to Clandy?? What happens after their person dies... Shocked Shocked Shocked

View user profile

92 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:02 am

Don mentioned that Fi "left," (to Earth, hopefully, and not the afterlife) so I don't think she becomes the queen of Nod.

View user profile

93 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:25 am

I agree, Fiona won't be staying. Yes, there's what Don said, but even without that it wouldn't happen. She's the central character in a quest/adventure, and so she has to return home changed by the experience.

Come on, it's a trope, guys! You can't go violating stuff like that... Wink

Of course, now that I've said that, Megan's going to do something different. That's one of the many things I love about her... writing.

(Gah, did I almost say...? Suspect Nevermind.)

We love you, Megan! [hides behind fandom]

View user profile

94 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:19 pm

Dgcakes wrote:
smallandmighty wrote:

It's like a Nod Graveyard. That could get quite interesting owo

Especially since Fi has the problem of she's not dead yet, but she's running out of time - maybe metaphorically it will show as up as her door being slowly bricked up.

That took me down a little path in my mind that lead to Fi returning to her dreamspace to find it bricked up. Rather than giving up she simply tears down the brick wall and propels herself back into the real world, where she is already dead. Result: ZOMBIE FI!!!

I could continue to, "My Brain was Eaten By Lesbian Zombies from the Land of Nod!" ...but I think that might be taking things a little too far...

Megan, your work is amazing. Thank you so much for this whole week of awesomeness!

View user profile

95 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Michael wrote:I spy a blue woman with flame hair.

As for Don having the books, I suspect we might find out when he's not in half-shadow that hides one of his eyes...

Agrees. I spy a new king of Dreamland? Though personally I think it's gonna be Fi refusing the throne ( or killing Sadako) and letting Don have it...

View user profile

96 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:27 pm

oh also, megan, fricking gorgeous page. ├╝berprops. XD you win at awesome.

View user profile

97 CLANDY!!! on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Yes indeed, the first page today is breathtaking. It's my background right now. Very Happy
I'd love a full blackground of just the main image. Donation background mayhaps?? *big puppy dog eyes*

I've loved this whole week of posts -- the story is really moving along and all the in-dream world art is full of whimsy and color.

<3

View user profile

98 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:36 pm

Megan you are a fabulous storyteller. And the spread is just hauntingly beautiful.

View user profile

99 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:49 am

New comic! But I'm confused in the first part - the girl with the minnie mouse dress, is that supposed to be Lia? I thought she was blonde by the time she met Sadako... And why the Orphan Annie "blunked out" eyes? It's a bit creepy...

I was going to say that I was glad to see Sadako showing some remorse for the mess she made of Lia, but then I re-read and realised - she was just looking for a way out, more out of self pity than self-loathing.

She's still fifteen, isn't she? Emotionally stunted little brat-child...

View user profile

100 Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:07 am

carl-E wrote:New comic! But I'm confused in the first part - the girl with the minnie mouse dress, is that supposed to be Lia? I thought she was blonde by the time she met Sadako... And why the Orphan Annie "blunked out" eyes? It's a bit creepy...

I was going to say that I was glad to see Sadako showing some remorse for the mess she made of Lia, but then I re-read and realised - she was just looking for a way out, more out of self pity than self-loathing.

She's still fifteen, isn't she? Emotionally stunted little brat-child...
No O.o she met Sadako in her dreams before she was blonde and there were entire scenes drawn exactly in taht style. They were at the beginning of Lia's story

Personally, I really hope there's a way out of this that doesn't involve death and that Sadako gets to actually have real love.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum